Wonna's Wonton Pie.
You can have Wonna's Wonton Pie using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Wonna's Wonton Pie
- You need 1 lb of ground beef or pork (or 1/2 of each).
- You need 1/2 tsp of 5 spice seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of unbaked pie pastry (your favorite recipe or pre-made).
- You need 1/2 cup of cabbage, shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of potato, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrot, shredded.
- It's 1 of Barbecue sauce (we use Dynasty), optional.
Wonna's Wonton Pie instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground meat, spice, and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- Place rolled-out pie pastry into a pie plate. Press the dough to the bottom of the pan, but don't pinch the edge..
- Press the seasoned meat on top of the pastry..
- Top the meat with the shredded cabbage, potato, and carrot.
- Turn the edges of the dough inward (like a tart)..
- Cover the pie plate with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes..
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the pastry the top layer of veggies starts to brown, about 10 - 15 minutes. Internal temperature should be 160°F..
- Serve warm with barbecue sauce on the side..
- To make the actual wontons, brown the meat mixture, drain, and add the shredded veg (increase cabbage and potato to 1 cup each). Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of a pre-made wonton wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to make a rectangle. Seal the edges with warm water and deep fry in small batches..