You can have Kefta Kabob using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kefta Kabob
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped mint.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley.
- It's 1/2 cup of finely diced onion (yellow or spanish).
- You need 1 of fresh finely chopped garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef (I like 80/20).
- You need 1 tsp of chili pepper flakes (if desired).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
Kefta Kabob step by step
- mix all ingredients by hand in a bowl except for oil, until well incorporated for about 1 minute..
- Form into golf ball size balls and flatten into 1/2 inch thick oval patties..
- Place patties on plate and put in fridge for atleast 20 to 30 minutes to let ingredients incorporate. You can do this the night before and let sit overnight..
- Before cooking, take meat out for atleast 5 to 10 min to bring closer to room temperature so meat cooks evenly..
- Heat Oil in nonstick pan or grill pan on med - high heat. When oil is heated place about 6 patties to sautee leaving room between, so it can sear and not steam..
- Let sear for 3 to 4 min on each side. You should have a beautiful caramelized brown finish..
- You can place on paper towel or wire rack to rest until all pieces are cooked..
- patties can be served in warm pita bread with hummus and/or tzatziki sauce. Feel free to add tahini sauce or a spicy chili sauce for heat! can also be served along a side of rice ( basmati or jasmine rice preferred).
- During the summer this dish is best on the grill bc of the great char flavor you get! same cooking method, med high heat, 3 to 4 min each side. let them rest for a couple min to retain moisture..