Cabbage rolls "GALUMPKIS". This meat stuffed cabbage roll is baked and smothered in sweet and sour tomato sauce. Remove cabbage from water, drain and allow to cool. Once cooled, carefully peel leaves off of Set aside.
Lambage Rolls - Lamb & Rice Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Almonds and Currants. Polish Cabbage Rolls Galumpkis are cabbage leaves stuffed with a mixture of ground meat, spices and rice that are baked in a tomato sauce. Place the cabbage rolls on top of the big leaves. You can cook Cabbage rolls "GALUMPKIS" using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage rolls "GALUMPKIS"
- Prepare 1 lb. of Ground Chuck.
- Prepare 1 lb. of Ground pork.
- It's 6 of thin cut bone in pork chops or ribs.
- You need 1 of large head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 of white onion.
- It's 2 stalks of celery.
- It's 1 cup of cooked white rice.
- You need 4 cups of chicken stock.
- It's 15 oz. of Can of tomato sauce.
- You need 6 oz. of Can of tomato paste.
- You need 32 oz. of Package of Frank's kraut.
- You need 2 of tbl. Spoons ketchup.
- It's 2 tsp. of Oregano.
- You need 1 of tbl. Minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of lg. Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs or panko.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
This insulation will prevent the cabbage rolls from burning on the bottom when baked. Use all the good looking leaves to make the cabbage rolls. My favorite was stuffed cabbage (cabbage rolls, galumpkis, whatever you want to call them). Home Fruits and Vegetables Cabbage Rolls (Galumpkis) with Peppers.
Cabbage rolls "GALUMPKIS" instructions
- Core cabbage and simmer in water for about 15-20 mins to soften and make more pliable..
- Salt and pepper pork chops and brown on both sides in a Dutch oven or a pot that you have a lid for and is oven safe.Remove the pork and set aside..
- Leave all the the fat and brown bits in that have accumulated during the Browning process..
- Add your chopped celery and onions to the pan and saute 5-8 mins till soft and lightly browned..
- Deglaze your pan with your chicken stock making sure to break all your browned bits off the bottom of your pan to incorporate into the stock..
- Remove from heat and begin to place your pork chops or ribs into your pot of stock..
- This will give you some of the best fall off the bone pork and will work as a heat shield for your rolls..
- With your pre seasoned meat loaf mix basically with cooked rice mixed in. Add 2-3 tablespoon of your mixture to the cabbage leaf. The middle stem or rib should be removed to make the rolling process easier..
- Fold like a burrito or egg roll..
- As you go start to place your rolls on top of your pork..
- Try to keep them as uniformed as possible to help them cook evenly..
- Place your kraut with juices over the rolls. Then sprinkle your brown sugar over the top of the kraut. The whole sweet and sour thing..
- During your cabbage rolling and process you will find that some leafs were too small or damaged so keep them for the top. Lay them over the kraut..
- Place them in a preheated oven set at 325 degrees for an 1 1/2 hours till even 2 but no longer. You can also cook on your stove top for the same amount of time on a low simmer..
- Remove from oven and plate. This recipe really doesn't need any sides it's all there in one. Kraut chops rolls..
- Hope you all enjoy! This is my take on this timeless recipe. Remember there is no wrong way to make a cabbage roll no matter what ingredients you use!!!.
Galumpkis (Stuffed cabbage rolls) in the collection of dishes of Russian cuisine. Description of the recipe with step by step cooking instructions. Here you may to know how to roll galumpkis. Watch the video explanation about Stuffed Cabbage Rolls - Galumpkis - The Best Cabbage Rolls - Golabki Online, article, story, explanation, suggestion. How to Make Unstuffed cabbage rolls, Russian Galumpkis.