You can have Cabbage Rolls using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls
- Prepare 1 of large Head Cabbage.
- You need 1 can of Sauerkraut.
- You need 2 c of Tomato Juice.
- You need 1 1/2 c of Rice (Cooked per package).
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It's 1 of Onion (Chopped fine).
- Prepare 1/3 c of Ketchup.
- You need of Butter.
- It's 2 Tbsp of Green Peppers (Chopped).
Cabbage Rolls instructions
- Cut out core of cabbage and parboil 5-10 minutes. (Definition: Parboiling or blanching is a cooking technique in which something is partially cooked in boiling water, but removed before it is cooked all the way through).
- Separate leaves and cut ridges off..
- Saute onions and green peppers in a little bit of butter..
- When cool add meat, rice, egg, ketchup, salt, and pepper..
- Place as much meat as needed for each cabbage leaf and roll up..
- Place 1/2 of sauerkraut on bottom of pan and place the cabbage rolls on top..
- Cover with the rest of the sauerkraut and pour tomato juice over. Add enough water to cover..
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.