Cheesy Cabbage Rolls.
You can cook Cheesy Cabbage Rolls using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Cabbage Rolls
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It's 1 of med or small size onion.
- Prepare Pinch of salt - or as desired.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of med to large head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- It's 1 can of tomato sauce(I use Ragu with mushrooms).
- You need 2 cups of Long Grain rice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar or marble cheese.
- You need 1 can of Italian diced tomatos.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic.
Cheesy Cabbage Rolls instructions
- Boil head of cabbage until leaves separate easily. Do not over cook fallen leaves. Remove and set aside on clean dish towel. Add a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of butter to water..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut onions into small pieces; shred cheese and chop 2 cloves of garlic..
- Cook ground beef: add onions, garlic, 1 can of diced tomato’s,pinch of salt and pepper. Do not drain juices but allow to cook until some juices evaporate. Cook rice and set aside..
- Mix cooked rice and beef(and juices)together in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup of shedded cheese; 1 egg and 1/4 can of tomato sauce..
- Pour 1/3 of a can of tomato sauce in bottom of casserole dish - spread throughout bottom. Stuff cabbage leaves with rice mixture; roll and place in a casserole dish..
- Melt remaining butter in microwave safe dish; mix with remaining tomato sauce and pour over cabbage rolls. Place in preheated oven..
- Cook for about 45 mins or until desired firmness of cabbage rolls. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top. Broil on high for 3-5 mins until cheese is melted and starting to crisp..
- Serve with sour cream!.