crock pot cabbage soup. This crockpot cabbage soup is packed with beef, cabbage, celery, onion, and I even threw in a carrot! Yes - a carrot, on a low carb diet. Don't freak out about the single carrot in this giant pot of soup - it adds a little pop of color and flavor and I literally just used one carrot throughout the whole pot of soup.
It is a healthy choice and you'll often see similar recipes called detox soup. It can be the antidote to a season of overeating and overindulging. Cabbage, onion, beef and bacon all tenderly prepared in a rich beef and tomato broth, slowly simmered in your crock pot. You can cook crock pot cabbage soup using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of crock pot cabbage soup
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 dash of pepper.
- You need 1 can of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of light red kidney beans ( drain and rinse).
- It's 1 head of med cabbage, cut in bite size pieces.
- You need 5 stick of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
Easy Substitutions in Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Soup: Substitute ground turkey, ground pork or ground chicken for the beef. Our family loves Crockpot Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe and it has everything you need for a great meal. You will love this one pot meal that is so easy to make. This hearty Crock-Pot Cabbage Soup recipe substitutes noodles for cabbage!
crock pot cabbage soup instructions
- brown meat, onion, celery in a fry pan..
- once meat is cooked add all ingredients to crock pot cook on high 4-6 hrs.
Let the slow cooker do the work and in a few hours, you'll have a hearty, cozy soup. Like many Crock-Pot recipes, this cabbage soup lets you throw all of the ingredients in while you run errands, watch a movie, etc. while. I was a bit stuffed up when I made this, so it seemed fittin' to make an UNstuffed cabbage soup! Crock pot will be very full; this is okay, as cabbage will cook down. Serve cabbage roll soup immediately with parsley for garnish.