easy slow cooker cabbage rolls. My kother-in-law gave me a great tip to make this recipe easier: Put you cabbage head in the freezer, and freeze completely. When you take it out and it thaws, the leaves will be wilted and very easy to work with, eliminating the process of boiling the cabbage---one less step! Tender cabbage leaves are stuffed with a classic beef and rice filling and slow-cooked in a sweet-and-sour tomato sauce.
Fold in the sides of the leaf over both the filling and the tucked end, and tightly roll the rest of the cabbage. When cabbage roll is made, lay it on top of the shredded cabbage in the slow cooker. This slow cooker recipe, for turkey and cabbage rolls, is simple and yummy. You can cook easy slow cooker cabbage rolls using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of easy slow cooker cabbage rolls
- It's 1 envelope of Knorr brand Garlic and butter flovored Rice.
- You need 1 head of cabbage.
- You need 1 can of tomato juice.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef, raw.
We've replaced the traditional beef in cabbage rolls with lean ground We also took some of the thinking out how to cook them. Traditionally, cabbage rolls can be cooked a few different ways - steamed or baked - and I. Cabbage Rolls were a big deal in my house. My Mother is Polish, so the recipe was passed down from generation to generation and ended up being one of my favorite meals she would make.
easy slow cooker cabbage rolls step by step
- boil cabbage to loosen leafs.
- in a medium bowl, mix beef, rice, and egg together..
- pour just enough juice to cover bottom of crock.
- spoon beef mix on to a stack of 2 or 3 cabbage leaves, roll up than repeat this step until you either run out of cabbage or beef mix..
- pour on remaining tomato juice.
- slow cook on low for 8 hours.
Slow cooker cabbage rolls are moister and more flavorful than ones baked in the oven. Stuff cabbage leaves with beef and rice and simmer in a tomato Converted rice takes longer to cook so it doesn't turn to mush in the cabbage rolls. Uncle Ben's Original Rice is converted rice and is easy to find in. Cabbage rolls look hard but they're not. The prep isn't too intensive and I didn't even pre-boil my cabbage.