Stuffed cabbage. The magic about stuffed cabbage rolls is that the meat and the rice cook in the cabbage itself. Here's how to make these delicious rolls for dinner or any party. Next, prepare a stuffing of either beef, rice, and tomatoes or of pork, sauerkraut.
Martha Stewart's hearty stuffed Our hearty stuffed cabbage recipe calls for meat, veggies, and more. Stuffed Cabbage Leaves Recipe Video: Learn to make stuffed cabbage leaves with a savory meat and rice filling, cooked in a classic sweet-tart tomato sauce. A cabbage roll is a dish consisting of cooked cabbage leaves wrapped around a variety of fillings. You can have Stuffed cabbage using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed cabbage
- Prepare 1 head of green cabbage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of raw lean ground beef.
- You need 3/4 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of 15 ounces - tomato sauce.
- It's 1 cup of beef broth.
- It's 1/2 tsp of paprika.
It is common to the cuisines of the Central, Northern. Delicious and savory Japanese-Style Stuffed Cabbage Rolls served in a delicate tomato-based sauce. Cabbage leaves are wrapped around a beef and rice mixture, then baked in a sauce made from tomato soup in this old-time favorite. The real deal, inspired by my Polish family's recipe, this is the easiest way to make the BEST Stuffed Cabbage Rolls around.
Stuffed cabbage instructions
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add 1 tsp. Salt.
- Remove loose outer leaves from cabbage and cut out core..
- Add cabbage to boiling water. After two minutes an outer leaf will be loose. Remove it with tongs and place on clean kitchen towel to cool..
- Leaves will continue to loosen, about one minute at a time. Remove 14 leaves and cool on kitchen towel. Save remaining cabbage for another use..
- Meanwhile, saute onion in olive oil until translucent..
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x13" pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- When cabbage leaves are cool, cut out hard inner stem section..
- In medium bowl, mix together raw beef, rice, sauted onions, 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper..
- Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture in each cabbage leaf. Roll burrito style and place seam side down in prepared pan..
- In medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce, beef broth, and paprika. Pour over cabbage rolls..
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour..
These flavorful low-carb beef and cabbage rolls are made with tender boiled cabbage leaves stuffed with beef and rice cooked in a homemade tomato sauce. Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water. Let stand until leaves are limp. Stuffed Cabbage is one of my all time favorite dishes. The recipe takes some time, but it's so worth Russian stuffed cabbage is a great dish to make for a crowd.