Crockpot Cabbage Rolls.
You can have Crockpot Cabbage Rolls using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Cabbage Rolls
- Prepare 1 large of Head of cabbage.
- Prepare 1 lb of Lean ground beef.
- It's 1/2 cup of Cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Diced onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Seasoned Salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 can of Tomato soup.
- It's 1 can of Diced tomatoes, undrained.
Crockpot Cabbage Rolls step by step
- Turn cabbage over and remove the core with a sharp knife. Be careful! Take off outer leaves and discard..
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and add the head of cabbage, again be careful!.
- As the cabbage leaves begin to loosen, peel away with tongs, one by one and put aside. About 8 leafs will work. You can easily double this recipe, if you have more cabbage leaves!!.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl, (yep, get in there with your hands) except for soup and tomatoes..
- Now it's time to roll! For each cabbage roll, place your meat mixture in center of cabbage leaf. Roll once, tuck.Then take left and then right side of leaf, fold in and repeat, rolling and tucking until cabbage is rolled tightly. As you can see, I doubled the recipe in this photo. The amount of meat mixture and size of cabbage is really up to you. This recipe is very versatile..
- Spray crockpot with non stick cooking spray. Place cabbage rolls, seam side down in crockpot. Pour soup and can of tomatoes over top. I like to re-season with a little more garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper over top..
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Or until tender..
- There should be plenty of tomato gravy to put over some mashed potatoes to serve with your yummy cabbage rolls! Enjoy!.
- After rolling, cabbages can be portioned out and frozen, ready to eat at a later time!.
- If you have leftover cabbage leaves, you could chop them up and add a bit to the sauce, save for a wonderful addition to soup or make my recipe for cabbage and noodles! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368685-lulus-fried-cabbage-and-noodles.