Cabbage Roll with Rice.
You can have Cabbage Roll with Rice using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cabbage Roll with Rice
- Prepare 12 of cabbage leaves.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef.
- It's 3/4 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It's 1 cans (8 ounces) of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It's 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
- It's 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
Cabbage Roll with Rice step by step
- Drop cabbage leaves into boiling salted water; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain well..
- For filling, combine ground beef, rice, onion, egg, and salt, pepper, and milk. Mix well and divide into 12 portions. Place a portion into the center of each cabbage leaf. Roll leaf around filling, burrito style. Fasten the rolls with toothpicks. Place in a baking dish or Dutch oven..
- For sauce, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and 1/2 cup of water; pour over the cabbage rolls..
- Cover and bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 1 hour..
- Remove rolls with slotted spoon and discard toothpicks. Place pan with juices over medium heat or transfer the juices to a saucepan and place over medium heat; stir cornstarch and water mixture into the sauce; bring to a boil and cook until thickened..
- Serve the cabbage rolls with the sauce..