You can have Layered Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Layered Cabbage
- It's 1 of Medium head of cabbage, core removed and shredded.
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 2 of Medium onion, chopped.
- It's 2 of Table spoons chili powder.
- Prepare 2 of Table spoons garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 of Table spoons kosher salt.
- It's 1 of Table spoon freshly cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 24 ounces of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 15 ounces of tomato sauce.
- It's 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- It's 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1/3 Cup of Worcestershire sauce.
Layered Cabbage instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer the cabbage in the bottom of a large baking dish (something the size of 2 9"x13" baking pans).
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the ground beef for a few minutes then add the onions. Do not drain any juices from the pan - most of it will evaporate. Add the rice and all spices to the skillet with the meat.
- Mix together the tomatoes, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar and then pour over the meat and cabbage. Cover with foil and then bake for 90 minutes..
- Uncover and let rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!.