Unstuffed Cabbage Soup. Easy recipe for cabbage roll soup with ground beef, veggies, and rice. My three year old has really been into soup lately. I'm not sure if it's because of the cooler weather or the fact that she just likes to sip her food.
That's where the unstuffed cabbage roll soup comes in. First of all, it's a one-pot deal. Just a quick sauteing of beef and veggies, then everything gets dumped into the pot and. You can have Unstuffed Cabbage Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Soup
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic OR 2 tsp garlic powder.
- It's 1 can of tomato sauce.
- You need of Dollop tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- Prepare 1 of small head of cabbage, sliced.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It's 1 cup of or so water or 1 can beef broth.
Healthy Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup Recipe Nutrition Label. If you've tried a new spice variation leave. This cabbage roll soup has all the same flavors as classic baked cabbage rolls, but with way less work! This unstuffed cabbage soup is hearty, filling and the perfect choice for an easy dinner option.
Unstuffed Cabbage Soup instructions
- In a large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion, do not drain.
- Add the garlic, tomato sauce and paste, uncooked rice, cabbage, salt and pepper and enough water and/or broth to just cover the cabbage.
- Bring to simmer then cover the pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cabbage has softened and rice is tender.
- You may add more water or broth if it’s too thick for your liking.
- Serve with hot garlic bread and get ready to serve seconds! LoL.
Add cabbage into pan and saute with the meat just until the cabbage begins to soften. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until rice is done. So Unstuffed Cabbage Soup is definitely nothing new, but making something as delicious, but So for this unstuffed cabbage soup with sausage, I am giving instructions for the stovetop, Instant Pot. Unstuffed cabbage soup has all the great flavors of cabbage rolls, without the fuss.