Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls - Warak malfoof mehshi. Great recipe for Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls - Warak malfoof mehshi. Boiled cabbage leaves are stuffed with a mixture of rice and meat, rolled and cooked in lemon juice. This main dish can be served with plain yogurt.
Stuffed Cabbage Leaves is a traditional Lebanese recipe which involves stuffing cabbage leaves with minced/ground meat, rice If you are a fan of stuffed grape leaves or Dolma, you ought try this stuffed cabbage rolls recipe. Try this authentic Lebanese styled Stuffed Cabbage Rolls - which is also known as Malfouf - with step-by-step easy instructions to help For the best stuffed cabbage rolls, you want the leaves to be pliable enough to fold over, but not overly soft since you'll be. Mahshi Malfouf Meat-filled cabbage rolls are the most widely eaten of all the stuffed vegetables. You can have Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls - Warak malfoof mehshi using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls - Warak malfoof mehshi
- You need 1 kg of cabbage, leaves separated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need of - For the stuffing:.
- Prepare 300 g of coarsely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- You need 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It's 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It's of Sauce:.
- It's 5 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It's 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt.
Continue until all leaves are stuffed. Cover bottom of a saucepan with trimmed ribs. Arrange rolls side by side in alternating layers, placing garlic. Stuffed cabbage rolls make a delicious dish for the colder months!
Stuffed cabbage leaf rolls - Warak malfoof mehshi step by step
- Boil 1 liter of water in a pan then add the cabbage leaves and the cumin. Cook for 3 min until leaves become tender. Remove them slowly, one at a time and place on a plate for cooling..
- Remove the stems of the boiled leaves and cut the leaves into squares..
- To prepare the stuffing: mix together the ground beef, rice, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Combine well..
- Place 2 teaspoons of the stuffing in the middle of each square cabbage leaf in a straight line. Roll the leaf over the stuffing while making sure to tuck in the ends so that the stuffing does not spill out..
- In a deep saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Layer the stuffed cabbage leaves inside the pan, making sure that they are arranged tightly one next to the other. Cover with water..
- In a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together and pour them over the cabbage rolls..
- Place a plate, face inwards, on top of the contents to weigh them down while cooking..
- Cover the saucepan and cook the cabbage leaves over low heat for around 35 min or until the rice and meat are cooked. Turn off the heat and remove the plate..
- Serve the cabbage rolls in a serving dish displayed in layers..
What tourist brochures fail to mention when advertising the many advantages of Lebanon The cabbage leaves need to be tender, the rice used in the stuffing needs to be medium-grain rice and the seasoning needs to permeate the dish to. Lebanese Stuffed Grape Leaves (Warak Arish): These Lebanese. This is a dish that is time consuming, but can be prepared ahead of time, the result is so worth it. A delicious and nutritious dish for the whole family. You can serve it with plain yoghurt or with a cabbage and beetroot salad seasoned with lemon and olive oil dressing.