Cabbage and beef soup. Slow-cooker soup with ground beef, cabbage, kidney beans, and tomatoes. Great for a crowd, or to be enjoyed again as leftovers. Very yummy soup that has always been a hit!
I decided to make a Beef and Cabbage Soup this week because I'm taking advantage of post-St. Patrick's Day cabbage sales and I've kind of been craving red meat lately. I also have a classic recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage (also Slow Cooker and Instant Pot versions). You can have Cabbage and beef soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and beef soup
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef.
- It's 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- It's 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery (sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 of medium bell pepper (diced).
- It's 1 of small cabbage (shredded).
- It's 3 of medium carrots.
- It's 1 can of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of pork broth.
- It's 3 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of pepper.
- It's 1 teaspoon of caraway seed.
- Prepare of Suggested sides:.
- You need of Irish soda bread.
Another festive dinner idea you may enjoy is my This is such a delicious way to enjoy corned beef incorporating lots of vegetables in a warm bowl of soup. This has become our family "go to" recipe in. This Beef and Cabbage Soup Recipe is a great comfort food. How to Make Beef and Cabbage Soup: Season meat for soup.
Cabbage and beef soup step by step
- Brown ground beef with garlic, onion, bell pepper, salt and pepper. Drain..
- Add diced tomato, tomato sauce, chicken broth, pork broth and caraway seed to meat mixture. Bring to boil..
- Add cabbage, carrots, and celery to mixture. Simmer on low for 30 minutes..
How To Make Cabbage Soup With Ground Beef - Crock Pot Or Instant Pot Recipe - Learn how to make cabbage soup with ground beef, in a Crock Pot or Instant Pot. Simply the BEST cabbage soup diet recipe - or just a delicious dinner! Hearty, thick soup that tastes very much like stuffed cabbage rolls. This is sooo easy, and my family loves it. Sure to please even the heartiest of appetites!