Whole Stuffed Cabbage.
You can have Whole Stuffed Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Stuffed Cabbage
- It's of Cabbage.
- You need 1 of medium head green savory cabbage 2 pound or so.
- You need of Stuffing.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef 85/15.
- It's 1 tablespoon of kosher salt divided.
- It's 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It's 2/3 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's To taste of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- It's of Extra.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
Whole Stuffed Cabbage step by step
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees Fahrenheit. Hollow out the cabbage. Cut the stem and core out. Then carefully cut on angles and use a spoon to hollow out the cabbage. Save the cabbage parts removed and chop uniformly. Add a third of the salt to the inside of the hollowed out cabbage..
- Mix the spices, cheese and eggs with the ground beef. When mixed well stuff the cabbage head. Just add a third of the salt to the ground beef. Then the rest to the cabbage that came from the inside of the cabbage head..
- Mix the leftover meat and chopped cabbage together. Form a nest in a small ovenproof pot..
- Add the stuffed cabbage to the middle of the nest. Pour around the edges the beef broth..
- Cover the pot and cook in the oven for 2 hours. Let rest 10 minutes cut into quarters. Spoon some of nest on top of the quarters..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.