Stuffed cabbage rolls. This meat stuffed cabbage roll is baked and smothered in sweet and sour tomato sauce. Stuffed cabbage rolls are a traditional Simchat Torah food because two of the little rolls side by Even if your cabbage rolls come out in various sizes, you can place a big roll next to a small roll. These cabbage rolls are stuffed with ground beef and rice and baked to perfection with a tangy tomato sauce.
I can't recall one single instance where my Mama ever even fixed it, but I've certainly made it plenty. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Cook cabbage in boiling water only until leaves fall off head. You can have Stuffed cabbage rolls using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stuffed cabbage rolls
- Prepare of For tomato sauce.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 1/2 of finely chopped onion.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic minced.
- It's 1 can of crushed tomatoes (do not drain).
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce (I use marinarapasta sauce love the flavor).
- Prepare 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare Dash of salt n pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need of For cabbage rolls.
- Prepare 1 of large cabbage head (*be sure to remove the stalk/rib).
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt 1/2tsp pepper.
- You need 8 of kabob sticks or tooth picks(if the rolls not staying together).
These stuffed cabbage rolls make a great dinner for a crowd. In this video, you'll see how to make great stuffed cabbage rolls your whole family will love. Delicious and savory Japanese-Style Stuffed Cabbage Rolls served in a delicate tomato-based sauce. What if I could make them in the pressure.
Stuffed cabbage rolls step by step
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Remove the stalk (stem) from the cabbage leaves by cutting them in V shape and put them boiling water for 5 - 7 mins until partly soft.
- For tomato sauce: in a sauce pan melt butter, add onion n cook until translucent, then add garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and stir. Add brown sugar and red wine vinegar and ground ginger. Stir n let simmer for 10 mins on low heat.
- For ground beef: add cooked rice, bread crumbs, eggs, chopped onion, soy sauce, salt pepper and garlic powder. Get your hands in and combine into mixture. Then form log shape with the meat..
- Place the log shaped meat in the center of the cabbage n roll. Insert tooth picks if necessary to hold them in place..
- Place half of the tomato sauce to the bottom of the baking dish/ pan. Then place the rolls in the baking pan n add the remaining sauce to the top. Cover with foil paper and bake for 1hr or until cabbage is soft n meat is cooked..
Cover cabbage leaves with boiling water. Let stand until leaves are limp. Stuffed with hearty ingredients like seasoned ground beef, onions and rice, these delicious cabbage rolls baked with tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese make for a perfect comfort food meal during the. These flavorful low-carb beef and cabbage rolls are made with tender boiled cabbage leaves stuffed with beef and rice cooked in a homemade tomato sauce. Stuffed cabbage rolls are one of our favorite meals.