Homemade sourdough bread. Fermentation Friday, much belated but here! Making Sourdough bread at home is much easier than it looks once you get it down. This is not one of those.
Print Recipe Show ❤ & Comment Jump to RecipeA. This easy homemade sourdough bread only needs to be kneaded once, and after that you can just put it in the same pan you're going to bake it in and let it rise overnight. Homemade sourdough bread is perfectly safe to eat, and the advantage of homemade is that all the ingredients are known. You can cook Homemade sourdough bread using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade sourdough bread
- It's 500 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 300 of sourdough starter (I use my Jasmine 😉💗).
- You need 3 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 10-12 tbsp of warm water.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Some vegetable cooking oil.
Store bought sourdough bread very often is not real sourdough. Homemade bread is much healthier than store-bought, and it's easy to make it yourself. Resolving to make more bread is a relatively small (and fun!) action you can take in the new year with a. Read all about sourdough bread-making here.
Homemade sourdough bread instructions
- Mix together bread flour, sourdough starter and water in a bowl..
- Add sugar and salt in and knead for 10 min..
- Dust some flour on worktop and continue knead your dough for another 15 min. The key is to fold your dough towards you then push back out then fold back in again. Use the palm of your dominant hand and put pressure on to your dough..
- Once your dough is ready it will have this ‘windowpane effect’. You can do this by stretching your dough until it is so thin that it becomes transparent when you lift it up against the window..
- Put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp teatowel or clingfilm and leave to prove for 2½–3 hours. You won't notice as much of a rise in the dough as you would with a normal yeasted bread and it will take a lot longer to rest your dough..
- After leave it to prove, transfer your dough onto a surface and knock back. Portion the dough into two and shape into two ball shaped loaves. Put plenty of flour on top and place each loaf seam-side up in a bowl, cover your dough with tea towel..
- Make sure you have plenty of flour on top between your tea towel and your dough otherwise you won’t be able to turn it out as the tea towel will stick with your dough. Leave it to prove for 2-3 hours. At this point you can leave this the the fridge over night and take it out in the morning ready to bake..
- One your dough have been rested, take them out and use a sharp knife score 3 or 4 tkme on the top of the loaf (a very traditional way).
- Preheat the oven to 230 c or gas 8. Put a few ice cubes or cold water into a baking tin and place in the bottom of the oven to create steam. Turn your loaves out onto a baking tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a good crust formed and the loaves sound hollow when you tapped on the base..
- Leave it to cool down completely before you cut it. I am so proud of my first homemade sourdough 😊🐾🍞.
Check for a nice golden brown colour and a hollow tap if you need a second opinion. Sourdough bread is a special type of French bread made with a hard dough that is allowed to Another speciality of this bread is the use of sea salt, which gives a nice salty crunch to the bread. Sourdough bread is a treasured recipe for many homesteaders. This delicious, no-nonsense bread You have finally completed your sourdough bread! Enjoy this delicious homemade bread with your.