Southwestern style chicken casserole. This Southwestern Chicken Casserole calls for simple, healthy ingredients and gives the classic chicken casserole a run for its money! The basis of this flavorful chicken casserole recipe is quick-cooking brown rice, black beans, and chicken breast. Don't worry, when it comes fo adding that flavor.
This recipe is AWESOME! very similar to the packaged box they used to have. This southwestern style chicken is a quick family casserole good for busy week nights. Combines bright southwestern flavors with chicken and This Southwestern Style Chicken is definitely one. You can cook Southwestern style chicken casserole using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwestern style chicken casserole
- Prepare 1 box of stove top cornbread stuffing mix.
- It's 2 of gloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of pepperjack cheese.
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, bite sized cube.
- Prepare 10-12 oz of chorizo, in bite size chucks.
- It's 1 (14.5 oz) of can diced tomatoes (I prefer petite diced w/chipotle.
- You need 2 tsp of dried chives or fresh cilantro.
- You need 2/3 cup of water.
I first tried it out on a Wednesday night and it was so awesome that I made it again on Saturday. Cheesy Southwestern Chicken Casserole. by Alexis deBoschnek. Credit: Photo: Joe Lingeman; Food Styling: Pearl Jones. This Southwest chicken bake is exactly what we can to eat right now.
Southwestern style chicken casserole step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees..
- In a medium bowl, combine the stuffing, tomatoes, garlic and water. combine just until moist.
- Layer the chicken & chorizo in the bottom of a 13×9 pan or 3 quart casserole dish..
- Next layer the cheese then died chives. Top with the stuffing mix.
- Place in the oven. cook for 30-35 minutes or until internal temp is 160 degrees..
- Let cool 5 minutes. Top servings with some sour cream & shredded cheese. serve with desired sides..
A Hearty Chicken Casserole Built on Pantry Staples. This recipe makes great use of canned goods. This southwestern chicken casserole will have you in and out of the kitchen in a flash! In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Throw all of the ingredients (RAW) into a baking dish, bake it, and you'll have dinner for the week ready in under an hour!