Chewy Granola Recipe. You can make them your own by picking different ingredients to add in! Try using any combination of miniature chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, raisins, chopped dried fruits, candy-coated chocolate pieces, chopped nuts, etc. Stir together all the dry ingredients, including the fruit and nuts.
Let the granola cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack. Print Recipe (Image credit: Joe Lingeman) Forget everything you think you know about granola. Let go of your crunchy, overly sweet, oat-filled expectations, and the results are magically different and incredibly satisfying. You can have Chewy Granola Recipe using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chewy Granola Recipe
- Prepare 4 cups of Rolled Oats.
- You need 1 cup of Self Rising Flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of Pecan Pieces (Finely chopped kind).
- Prepare 2 cups of Mini Semisweet Chocolate.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter.
In large bowl, beat brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, honey and vanilla. Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
Chewy Granola Recipe instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease one 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients above.
- Press mixture into prepared pan (I use a wax paper to make sure it's an even thickness) and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool then cut into bars/squares and serve..
- Store remaining in sealable plastic bag in refrigerator..
- Happily stolen and modified from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/11382/chewy-granola-bars/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringId=76&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%2013.
Craving for a granola bar and you're on the keto diet? No problem, here's a recipe for keto granola bars that will hit the spot! While some granola bars may be okay to eat when you're on a low carb diet, most of those granola bars that you'll find in the supermarket are high in oats, sugar and other unhealthy ingredients which would kick you out of ketosis. Many batches of homemade granola bars later and I've found the perfect recipe. These bars are chewy, sweet, and very satisfying.