Easy Stovetop Granola. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and spread out on a cookie sheet to cool. In a large nonstick skillet, toast oats over medium heat until golden brown.
I've long been a fan of granola. It's in my top five favourite breakfasts of all time. Put the oil in a large saucepan over low-medium heat and allow the coconut oil to melt, if using. You can cook Easy Stovetop Granola using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Stovetop Granola
- You need 1 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- It's 2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It's 3/4 cup of nuts of choice (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.).
- It's 2 tbsp. of seeds of choice (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.).
- You need 3 tbsp. of pure maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped dried fruit of choice (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (optional).
- It's 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional).
Stir in the honey and sugar then the oats, almonds and cinnamon. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. This granola makes a quick, crunchy topping for fresh fruit, yogurt, or frozen yogurt. It can even be enjoyed as a snack on its own.
Easy Stovetop Granola step by step
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat..
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add the oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, salt and maple syrup. Stir to thoroughly combine everything..
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring nearly constantly to prevent anything from burning, until everything is toasted and golden..
- Remove from the heat and allow the granola to cool completely..
- Once it's cool, you can mix in any other add ins you'd like (dried fruit, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, whatever you'd like)..
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks..
If you like more mix-ins such as dried fruit, chocolate chips, chia seeds, or coconut shavings, stir them in after removing the granola from the heat. This clean granola recipe makes a delicious breakfast cereal too. Cinnamon Stove Top Granola This is a super fast and simple to make granola that comes out tender, crisp and delicious every time! It's very versatile, simply add your favorite dried fruits, nuts, toasted coconut, etc. Granola is a type of breakfast cereal which contains grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruits.