Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta. Find Deals on Italian Wedding Soup Pasta in Womens Clothing on Amazon. Italian Wedding soup is a hearty, classic soup made on the stovetop! This recipe comes together quickly for the perfect weeknight meal!
Pasta and/or Greens: I have used very small, star-shaped pasta which I add almost half way through cooking. In a large pot add the olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and garlic. Add in the chicken stock, pasta and meatballs and bring to a boil. You can cook Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta
- You need 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
- You need 1 pound of Lean Ground Beef.
- You need 3 of whole medium carrots (sliced).
- You need 1 of whole medium yellow onion (diced).
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It's 1 of container/carton chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 package (10 oz) of frozen chopped spinach.
- You need of Black Pepper * depending on your desired taste.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt * depending on your desired taste.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of penne pasta (uncooked).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's of Shredded parmesan cheese.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup from the pan, or pour into a tureen. Stir in stock, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Top servings with parsley and cheese.
Italian Wedding Soup with Penne Pasta instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine ground beef, lipton onion soup mix, minced garlic, and diced onion; mix well. Shape into desired meatball sizes.
- Take a baking dish, and coat with cooking spray. Place meatball in baking dish, and cook for 20 mins (occasionally rotating meatballs).
- In a fry pan lightly saute' sliced carrots in olive oil. Make sure not to burn carrots..
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a dutch oven pot, and add penne pasta. Cook pasta until tender.
- Remove meatballs from oven, and drain on paper towel.
- Add package of frozen spinach in with boiling penne pasta, and reduce heat, and stir occasionally.
- Add sauteed carrots, and meatballs into dutch oven pot and stir.
- Let simmer on low heat for about 10 mins.
- When ready to eat garnish with shredded parmesan cheese..
Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Even this time of year, soup is a go-to meal for us. On a chilly night, there's nothing better than wrapping both hands around a warm, steaming bowl of soup! Normally we go for a hearty minestrone or loaded potato soup, but lately I've been getting requests for a classic Italian Wedding soup, mainly from my husband. When time is tight, Beverly Menser whips up Pasta Meatball Soup in her Madisonville, Kentucky home.