Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti. Stuffed with fragrant garlicky ricotta, Parmesan, and savory beef, this baked manicotti is creamy, cheesy, meaty, and the perfect cozy weekend dinner. This baked Manicotti recipe is creamy, cheesy, meaty, saucy, and deeply satisfying. It's stuffed with beef, Italian sausage, ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan but I've also included recipe variations for Cheese Manicotti, Spinach Manicotti, Chicken Manicotti etc.
Let me start off by saying I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas. Mine was filled with plenty of family, friends, laughter, games, presents, and, of course, food. Lots and lots of delicious food! You can cook Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 3-4 cups of heavy cream.
- It's 6 oz of mushroom diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped fine.
- You need 6 tbsp of butter.
- It's 6 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 pkg of manicotti pasta.
- It's 2 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of mozzarella.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- It's to taste of Salt and pepper.
One of which was this simple dinner of Beef and Cheese Stuffed Manicotti. Creamy Chicken Manicotti is an easy and delicious main dish recipe that can feed a crowd. Manicotti are those big pasta shells that are stuffed with wonderful fillings. This super simple recipe uses chicken and cream cheese for the filling, and tops the stuffed pasta with a rich tomato sauce.
Creamy Beef Stuffed Manicotti instructions
- Cook manicotti acording to package. Run cool water over it to cool quickly.
- In a large skillet cook onion and mushroom with the olive oil. Add ground beef when liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Drain and set aside..
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, whisk in flour until incorporated then stir in cream slowly. (3 cups is plenty but if you like it extra creamy use the fourth) Let thicken a bit..
- Add 2/3 sauce to beef mixture along with egg yolk 2/3 of the mozzarella, set the rest aside..
- A reminder to let the pasta and filling cool before trying to stuff it. It will heat back up in the oven..
- Stuff manicotti with beef mixture and lay out in baking pan. Pour remaining sauce over them. (You may need to add a bit of milk over medium heat to thin it out a bit if it has cooled) Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese..
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is golden. Let set for 5 minutes and serve..
Arrange stuffed manicotti shells in a single layer over sauce. Stir the slightly cooled beef into this cheese mixture. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the manicotti pasta until it is softened, but still somewhat firm. Remove from the water to a baking sheet to cool off. Fill the manicotti shells with the beef and cheese mixture.