Rigatoni pasta pie. Dinner Ideas You'll Love To Serve From Classico's Pasta Recipes. Find Deals on Imported Rigatoni Pasta in Pasta & Noodles on Amazon. Get Rigatoni Pie Recipe from Food Network.
Spread meat sauce on top of pasta. Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. You can cook Rigatoni pasta pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rigatoni pasta pie
- You need 1 lb of rigatoni pasta.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided.
- It's 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It's 1 of ⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 (28 ounce) of can good quality crushed tomatoes.
- It's of Butter for pan.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 8 ounces of coarsely grated mozzarella cheese.
Take traditional pasta to a whole new level with a family favorite recipe for Easy Cheesy Rigatoni Pie. Have you ever seen ordinary pasta look more extraordinary? Just look at those tubes of tasty carbs standing at attention, filled with tangy marinara sauce and sporting a gooey, yet simultaneously crispy blanket of melted mozzarella and. Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high.
Rigatoni pasta pie step by step
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until slightly underdone (I cooked mine for 12 minutes when the box indicated 14 minutes). One pound of pasta should be cooked in 6 quarts of water, make sure you are using a big enough pot so the pasta doesn't stick together. When done, rinse in cold water and drain again. Toss pasta with 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Set aside..
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes more..
- Add crushed tomatoes; simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes..
- Toss pasta with Parmesan cheese. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Tightly pack pasta into pan, standing each piece on end. Spread meat sauce on top of pasta..
- Push the meat sauce into the pasta holes filling each one up. Stuffing the meat into the holes is a weirdly satisfying task. Enough said..
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is golden. Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edge to loosen and then unmold..
- Cut into wedges and serve with any remaining meat sauce you might have..
- Serve with garlic cheesy bread inside salad.
Let it not be said that food life here on Krumpli is predictable! The dish that preceded this gloriously simple Pasta Pie was a rather polarising Liver and Onions recipe!. Apparently, as a food blogger, this is bad! Sprinkle the prepared pasta with the parmesan cheese and mix. In a springform pan, place the rigatoni noodles standing up to fill the pan.