Venison Sausage and Green Lentil Stew. Transfer back into the pot with the remaining stew and add the venison sausage (already cooked) and the balsamic vingar. The sausage's flavors are reinforced by adding more garlic and pepper to the soup itself, for pops of flavor. Pleasantly firm but creamy on the inside, Beluga lentils (also But you can absolutely use regular green or brown lentils instead.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, partially covered, stirring. Make this Venison Slow Cooker Stew when you need something warming Then make this Venison Slow Cooker Stew. I love to hunt but have never acquired the flavor for venison, other then jerky or sausages, but when I saw your recipe for venison stew I was intrigued. You can have Venison Sausage and Green Lentil Stew using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Venison Sausage and Green Lentil Stew
- You need 6 of venison sausages.
- Prepare 2 small of (or 1 large) carrot, peeled.
- It's 2 small of (or 1 large) yellow onion, peeled.
- You need 2 stick of celery.
- Prepare 2 cup of green lentils.
- It's 3 slice of bacon.
- You need 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 3 cup of beef stock, I used an OXO cube..
- It's 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 large of fresh, ripe tomato.
A recipe for venison stew simmered with all sorts of greens, from turnip or mustard greens to wild greens like dandelions or fennel or lamb's quarters. Lots of green vegetables, a light broth and slow-cooked venison bobbing around happily. Everything in this stew tastes of itself, which is a common. Look for delicious Puy lentils for this pork and pulse stew.
Venison Sausage and Green Lentil Stew instructions
- Heat up your oven to 220C..
- Chop all the vegetables to roughly the same size dice, about a half inch/1 cm in size..
- Put the lentils in a saucepan and cover them in enough water to cover them by about an inch, bring them to the boil and boil them for ten minutes..
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish/ dutch oven/ cast iron Creuset ..
- Brown off the sausages for about five minutes, turning them round to get them browned evenly, then remove them to a plate..
- Fry bacon pieces until browned, then remove them too..
- Add the vegetables to the casserole dish and saute them until they are softened..
- Put the bacon back in, then pour in the wine. Reduce the wine until there is hardly any left and there is little smell of alcohol..
- Add the beef stock and the bay leaf, along with the sausages and the lentils (with the water they have been boiled in...it's got flavour).
- Put the lid on the casserole dish and put it into the oven to cook for 1 hour..
- Chop the tomato into half inch/ 1cm dice just before the casserole is finished cooking..
- Carefully take the casserole dish out of the oven, remove the lid and discard the bay leaf..
- Season with salt and ground black pepper, and stir in the fresh tomato..
- Serve. I like to serve this with butter-braised cabbage and baked potatoes..
Serve with cooked green leafy vegetables, or warmed, crusty bread. Lentil & Sausage Stew is a fast and easy soup bursting with flavor and chock full of good-for-you I know this Lentil & Sausage Stew isn't the prettiest thing to look at but, OMG, it will knock the socks Spinach is a delicate green so I add it at the end to prevent over cooking and total disintegration. Venison Sausage: this easy venison sausage recipe will show you how to make venison sausages with braised lentils. Chef Sophie Wright shows us this simple venison sausage recipe. These homemade venison sausages are extremely easy to make and are very versatile in the way you cook them.