Butternut Squash & Spinach.
You can have Butternut Squash & Spinach using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash & Spinach
- You need 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3 lb of Butternut squash peel and cut into a half inch cubes, about 3.5 cups.
- It's 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- It's 4 1/2 cup of spinach, fresh.
- You need 1 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- You need 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried cranberries.
- You need 4 tbsp of chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted.
- You need 4 tbsp of crumbled goat cheese.
Butternut Squash & Spinach step by step
- Makes 4 serving. Hands on time: 20 minutes. Total time: 32 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add squash, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until squash is lightly brown and slightly tender, about 7 minutes..
- Add spinach, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook until spinach is wilted and squash is tender, 5 - 7 minutes..
- Add cranberries and nuts, toss to combine. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- per serving: 350 calories, 10 g protein, 49 g carbohydrate, 17 g fat (3.5 g saturated), 8 g fiber, 364 mg sodium..