Rhubarb Dump Cake. Sprinkle dry raspberry gelatin, ( or strawberry gelatin ) which ever you prefer; over the sugar. Next, sprinkle the cake mix over the gelatin. Melt butter; pour over the cake mix.
This is so yummy you won't believe it. I liked the yellow cake mix for this recipe as opposed to a white cake mix to give it the warm contrast in colors. What makes this Rhubarb Dump Cake better than the old standby? You can cook Rhubarb Dump Cake using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Dump Cake
- It's 4 1/2 cup of Rhubarb.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- It's 1 packages of 3 Oz jello (strawberry or raspberry ).
- It's 1 box of white cake mix (not prepared ).
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It's 1 cup of water.
A fresh, juicy filling that celebrates a classic spring ingredient in this dump cake. This was really good considering I had no idea what a dump cake is or how much rhubarb equals a pound! I used a lemon cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix and it was quite yummy and very easy and quick. Our Rhubarb Dump Cake is as easy and delicious as it gets!
Rhubarb Dump Cake instructions
- HEAT OVEN TO 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan, place cut up rhubarb in pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar, then the dry jello over the rhubarb.
- Pour cake mix over rhubarb.
- Pour butter over dry cake mix, then the water.
- Bake at 350 for 45 mins..
- If using frozen rhubarb, reduce water to only 1/2 c..
Add all of your ingredients to a baking dish, put it in the oven, then enjoy! Rhubarb dump cake is an inelegant (read: gross) name for a dessert as delicious as this one. It takes barely five minutes of active time to put together! Even if you're baking-inept you can totally make this successfully. It always seems like my rhubarb goes bad in a hurry, so I was looking for a simple way to combine two of my favorite flavors in an incredibly easy dessert.