White Cheddar Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. These are similar, although I think better, and cheaper than any steak or seafood house. White cheddar stuffed mushrooms - a Longhorn copycat! I love a good stuffed mushroom recipe, and this is one of the best I've ever had.
White Cheddar Crab Stuffed Mushrooms step by step. OPTIONAL - Sliced or shredded white cheddar or mozzarella cheese can be added to the tops of the mushrooms. In a bowl, mix crab, two-thirds of the cheese, cooled mushroom mixture, and herbs, saving a little of the herbs for topping. You can cook White Cheddar Crab Stuffed Mushrooms using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of White Cheddar Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- You need 12 of Large White Mushrooms or Baby Bellas.
- You need 2 (6 oz.) of cans crab meat: 1 Lump + 1 Fancy.
- It's 1 Cup of shredded White Cheddar Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of White Cheddar + Parmesan Cheese.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Melted Butter.
- You need 1/2 Cup of plain dry bread crumbs.
- It's 1 of Egg, beaten.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- It's 1 tsp of Dry Mustard powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Ground Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Garlic Salt.
- You need of Olive oil.
Mound and fill the mushrooms and top with remaining cheese. White Cheddar Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy make-ahead appetizer idea! They taste just like the Longhorn restaurant with a golden Parmesan crusted topping and flavorful white cheddar sauce. Transfer green onion to a bowl.
White Cheddar Crab Stuffed Mushrooms instructions
- Lightly oil a small 9x9 glass pan with olive oil..
- Remove stems, place caps in pan and chop 1/4 of stems (discard rest) to add to filling. In a medium bowl, mix crabmeat, chopped mushroom stems, dry mustard, 1 cup white cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, red and black pepper. Mix well and then stir in egg and mayonnaise..
- Use a small spoon to mound filling onto each mushroom cap. Melt butter add garlic salt and mix then drizzle over the filled mushrooms. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese on top of filled mushrooms..
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 425°..
- Note: can be prepared and refrigerated. Add approximately 10 minutes to cook time..
The mushrooms shown here are cremini mushrooms which have a stronger flavor than white mushrooms. You can also use large portobello mushrooms if you're looking for an entree sized stuffed mushroom. Be sure to choose mushrooms that are roughly the same size so that they cook evenly. Wipe mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean. Remove stems, set aside caps and chop stems to add to filling.