Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting. This recipe produces the best red velvet cake with superior buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious tang from buttermilk. My trick is to whip the egg whites, which guarantees a smooth velvet crumb. Classic red velvet cupcakes with a luscious cream cheese frosting.
I didn't have buttermilk so I subbed it out with natural yogurt and normal. The tangy cream cheese frosting perfectly complements the red velvet flavor, as do the mini chocolate chips. A bit of food trivia is that scratch red velvet cake starts out similar to a chocolate cake in that you add cocoa powder (not as much as a chocolate cake has) plus red food coloring. You can have Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need 150 g of Redman Super Sponge Cake Mix.
- You need 1 tbspn of cocoa powder.
- It's 3 of large eggs.
- You need 30 g of buttermilk.
- It's 30 g of butter, melted.
- You need of Red food coloring.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Prepare 1 block of Philadelphia cream cheese (250g).
- It's 6 tbspn of castor sugar (i used fine table sugar).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It's 4 of tbpn whipped cream.
Our easy version of Red Velvet Cake starts with a cake mix and uses the "one bowl" method of combining all the ingredients at once to make the batter. Make it even easier by purchasing a container of cream cheese frosting instead of preparing the frosting from scratch. My red velvet cake recipe is one of the most popular recipes on this blog. This easy red velvet cake is fluffy, moist, topped with cream cheese frosting, and has the most beautiful red color.
Easy Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- Put in the cake mix, cocoa powder, eggs and buttermilk into mixer bowl. Whisk using medium speed for 3 minutes. Then high speed for 8-10 minutes..
- Fold in melted butter. Followed by red coloring. I used Wilton's gel..
- Scoop into cups. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 150 deg cel, depending on oven. Or till toothpick comes out clean. Once done, cool completely on cooling rack..
- Whisk cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute. Then high speed till sugar dissolved..
- Stir in whipped cream, flattening any air holes in the cream cheese..
- Pipe out on cooled cupcakes. I used Wilton's 2D tip..
It has the perfect red velvet flavor that's slightly tangy with a milk chocolate taste. This easy Red Velvet Cupcakes recipe is topped with cream cheese frosting. This classic recipe is always good to have in your recipe box! I absolutely love the flavor of a red velvet cake and, of course, the cream cheese frosting completes the experience. This cream cheese frosting recipe is also stiff enough to pipe a beautiful border around the top of the cake, which is exactly what I did for this cake!