Fresh Eggplant Parmesan. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Top eggplants with tomato sauce and mozzarella, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. My eggplant parmesan recipe will be the one you use over and over again.
I have never tried to prepare eggplant although eggplant parmesan is my fav at the restaurant.not anymore! Delicious Baked Eggplant Parmesan with crispy coated eggplant slices smothered in cheese and marinara. What does eggplant parmesan taste like? You can cook Fresh Eggplant Parmesan using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fresh Eggplant Parmesan
- It's 2 large of Eggplants.
- Prepare 1 lb of Fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 24 oz of Jar of garlic and herb tomato sauce.
- It's 2 bunch of Fresh basil (chopped).
- You need 2 cup of Fresh grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Fresh bread crumbs (lightly toasted).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Pre-grated Parmesan cheese (you know, the shaky kind).
Eggplant parmesan tastes very similar to. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. Parmigiana di Melanzane, or Eggplant Parmesan, is a simple but elegant Italian recipe. Our version of this vegetarian dish is lighter than many and includes a Fresh Herb Tomato Sauce that is perfect for.
Fresh Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- Pre heat oven to 450.
- Cut each eggplant into 6 1-1 1/2 inch slices.
- Drizzle some olive oil onto a baking sheet and place each each slice of eggplant on it, lightly salt and pepper the top and bake for about 15 minutes or until the eggplant is a deep brown color..
- Meanwhile, chop your fresh basil, cut your mozzarella into 1/8 inch slices and grate your Parmesan cheese..
- Place your baked eggplant on a dish to cool for about 10 min and reduce oven temp to 350.
- Place the biggest 6 slices of eggplant on the bottom of a 8x12 inch baking pan. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of sauce on each slice then sprinkle your fresh basil, top that with your mozzarella slices and then the fresh Parmesan..
- Place the other six slices of eggplant on top of the the first ones and repeat the layers of sauce, basil and cheeses..
- In a small bowl combine the pre-grated (shaky) Parmesan with the fresh bread crumbs and sprinkle over top of the dish..
- Bake for 30 min uncovered or until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- Dish is ready to serve.
Eggplant Parmesan - A classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan prepared with eggplants Sign up for the diethood newsletter for fresh new recipes delivered to your. This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy. Make baked eggplant parmesan instead of lasagna to skip the unnecessary carbs and still enjoy all the cheesy goodness. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold. To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant.