Eggplant parmesan. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried. The slices are layered with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Growing up, I was not a huge fan of eggplant. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. This Italian-style eggplant Parmesan recipe is lighter than most—it's made with roasted eggplant slices (not fried) and no breading. You can have Eggplant parmesan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant parmesan
- It's of eggplant and breading.
- Prepare 2 large of aubergine.
- It's 3 large of eggs.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of finely grated Italian breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of cheeses.
- It's 1/2 lb of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It's of sauce.
- It's 29 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of basil.
- You need 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- It's 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of oil to fry.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It's of olive oil, extra virgin.
What does eggplant parmesan taste like? Eggplant parmesan tastes very similar to regular chicken parmesan. In something like eggplant parmesan, the eggplant flavor itself isn't even really tasted. One bite of Eggplant Parmesan and you'll be sold.
Eggplant parmesan instructions
- Preheat oven 375° Fahrenheit.
- Mix your ingredients to sauce heat let simmer covered 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Peel and slice the eggplant about half an inch or 13 mm thick salt put into a zip lock bag add flour and shake till completely coated.
- Beat the eggs add quarter cup water mix well put into a large bowl dip the aburgine coated with flour into eggwash then have breadcrumbs in a plate and shake excess eggwash off coat with bread crumbs.
- Mix the oils together heat to fry when hot add the breadcrumb coated aubergine and fry till golden brown.
- When done about 3 minutes per side add to a pan add sauce the parmesan cheese add slice of mozzarella cheese on top of each pice of aubergine.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes when its done sprinkle with Parmigano-Reggiano cheese.
- Serve hope you enjoy.
To make legit eggplant parm, you'll need to fry eggplant. And to yield the best results, you're going to want to let it sit for a bit with salt to draw out. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious classic Italian favorite! Tender eggplant is breaded in crispy breadcrumbs, then laid in a delicious bed of marinara sauce, topped with parmesan cheese. This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy.