Eggplant Basil Mozzarella Parmesan. A classic Italian baked Eggplant Parmesan casserole with breaded eggplant slices layered with Mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, and tomato sauce. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the. The smoked mozzarella is excellent and will be a permanent substitution for plain mozzarella in future Eggplant Parmesan dishes.
Top eggplants with tomato sauce and mozzarella, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Cut the top off of an eggplant then slice discs a little under ¼ inch. Salt both sides and put them in a strainer, cover Then a layer of fresh mozzarella, and then a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil. You can have Eggplant Basil Mozzarella Parmesan using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Basil Mozzarella Parmesan
- You need 1 of Eggplant.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It's 1 tbsp of Milk.
- It's 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- It's 1 of Extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 can of Marinara sauce w/pesto.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Basil.
- Prepare 1 packages of Mozzarella Italian cheese.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Then put another layer of eggplant, sauce and both. Spoon another ¾ cup of the sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese. This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up But when it comes to eggplant Parmesan, count me in anytime. ♡. Yes, all of those layers of cozy marinara sauce, gooey melted Mozzarella, sweet fresh basil, and.
Eggplant Basil Mozzarella Parmesan step by step
- Dry the eggplant by putting paper towel on a plate - cutting eggplant 1/8 inch -stack on top put more paper towels & sit on it for 20 minutes or as long as you have.
- Beat eggs with milk and place breadcrumbs in a different bowl do the business with the egg plants from the egg to crumb.
- Preheat oven 350°.
- Heat olive oil medium-high fry eggplant slices until golden brown 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Poor marinara sauce on the bottom of baking dish layer eggplant slices scatter basil and mozzarella repeat repeat repeat whoops did I say repeat.
- Bake for 15 minutes and decadent Lee enjoy while licking your fingers.
Eggplant parmesan will always be one of my top favorite comfort foods. There is something about the dish that feels like it's giving you a giant hug. On top of the eggplant slices, sprinkle a generous amount of mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers until you run out of. This baked eggplant parmesan recipe will become one of your family favorites!