Eggplant Parmesan. Find Baked Recipes That Are Easy To Make With Get Online Recipes extension. Finding Your Next Delicious Meal Has Never Been So Easy! Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. The two things to keep in mind when cooking eggplant, especially firm globe eggplants, is that not only do eggplants hold onto moisture, they also absorb oil like a sponge. Eggplant Parmigiana is typically a high-fat dish. You can cook Eggplant Parmesan using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan
- You need 1 can of 800 ml crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of 800 ml diced tomatoes.
- You need 3 large of eggplants.
- It's 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It's 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It's 1 cup of milk.
- It's 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cup of bread crums.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- It's 1 cup of parmigiano cheese.
- It's 2 bunch of fresh parsley.
But this leaner version broils—instead of fries—the eggplant, for a significant fat and calorie savings. Male eggplants have fewer seeds than the female variety does. Because these seeds are bitter, male eggplants are preferred. Scatter half of the Parmesan and half of the mozzarella over the sauced eggplant.
Eggplant Parmesan step by step
- Bring crushed and diced tomatoes to a boil and add 1 tablespoon salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in half of the fresh parsley and the whole onion, reduce heat and thicken sauce over 35 minutes.
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Combine egg and milk into a bowl and mix well.
- Combine bread crums, flour and remaining salt, garlic powder and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Bring veg oil to medium/medium high heat in large sauce or frying pan.
- Dredge eggplant in egg wash mix and then into bread Crum mix and fry in veg oil. About 35 seconds each side until golden.
- Ladle some tomatoe sauce into an oven safe glass or tin dish( something used for lasagna or cake). And layer eggplant then sauce, mozzarella, parmigiano and repeat. ( should make 3 to 4 layers depending).
- Lastly top it off with the remaining mozzarella, parmigiano and fresh parsley. Add more cheese if desired. And bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until golden on top.
Repeat with the remaining eggplant, sauce, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Eggplant Parmesan is the ultimate comfort food. With switched-up ingredients and creative twists, our most-popular variations elevate this classic from familiar to fabulous. Eggplant Parmesan II "This has become a staple. It's easy to make, and tastes amazing." - LaurenO.