Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version. Traditionally eggplant parmesan is breaded eggplant that is fried them topped with sauce and cheese before baking. I made this lighter low-carb version by roasting the This is the way my Mom always made Eggplant Parmesan, and I always preferred it this way over the deep fried breaded version. This Healthy Eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of one of your favorite dishes.
This healthy eggplant parm uses roasted eggplant instead of fried and uses less breading and cheese than a restaurant version. Don't worry though, this quick and easy healthy eggplant parmesan still tastes indulgent and no one will guess it is a lighter option. Why Ina's Roasted Eggplant Parmesan Is Better than the Classic. You can cook Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version
- Prepare 2 of large eggplant.
- You need 1 jar of Marinara sauce.
- It's of Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It's 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Shredded Mozarella.
- You need of Grated Parmesan.
After cooking this recipe at home, my biggest takeaway was never doubt Ina (something I should have known, of course — but hear me out). A tasty, healthy version of the traditional eggplant Parmesan. Most eggplant Parmesan recipes call for the eggplant to be fried. By treating the eggplant with the olive oil and letting it bake, I have tried to make a healthier version.
Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version instructions
- Preheat the oven for 400 F. Chop the ends of egg plant and discard the ends. Cut the remaining egg plants in slices. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper and cook at 400 F for 15mins on a baking pan..
- Mix water and all purpose flour in a sauce pan and whisk well..
- Turn on the the flame and whisk the sauce well without any clumps, add 1/2 jar of Marinara sauce to it and garlic and keep mixing it until thickened. Once it's thickened, turn off the stove.
- Take a deep oven dish, coat the bottom of the dish with small amount of Marinara sauce. Arrange the roasted eggplant, then top with sauce prepared and then bottled Marinara sauce. Stack other layer same way as mentioned.
- Top it with Mozarella and Parmesan. Bake at 400F for another 10mins till you see the bubbling. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a bit and Enjoy.
Great for a lunch or dinner. Can be served with a vegetable pasta with an. Spread a tablespoon of olive oil Roasted Eggplant and Butternut Squash with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce. Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Mist the tops of the eggplant slices liberally with oil spray, and lightly sprinkle with salt Sprinkle the slices with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and red pepper flakes.