Eggplant Parmesan Casserole. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. Use Chef John's simple techniques to make an eggplant casserole that has all the flavor and texture of the traditional version It's a lot easier and fewer calories than traditional fried eggplant Parmesan." Perfect low carb eggplant parmesan Eggplant Parmesan Casserole I like to use a ricotta cheese mixture in an eggplant parmesan casserole. Eggplant Parmesan Casserole - Killing Two Food Wishes with One Delicious Stone.
If you freeze the eggplant parmesan in a glass or ceramic casserole dish, then you'd have to let it sit. This Eggplant Parmesan Potato casserole is entirely vegan, gluten free and so easy to make. Filling, mouthwatering, satisfying and a winning combo for everyone who loves comfort food. You can have Eggplant Parmesan Casserole using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant Parmesan Casserole
- It's 1 of whole eggplant, skinned and cubed.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It's 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 10-20 of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan.
- It's 1 (45 oz) of jar of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- It's 2 cups of dried penne.
- You need 4 cups of water.
This Eggplant Casserole is my very favorite way to cook eggplant. It is a Baked Eggplant Parmesan that is stacked in a deep casserole dish, yet the recipe is not greasy at all (like many are). Hearty eggplant casserole can easily serve as a filling meatless entree. Grated parmesan: Shredded parmesan works too in this recipe.
Eggplant Parmesan Casserole step by step
- Heat oil in a frying pan at medium high heat..
- Blend together eggs and flour. If it looks too thick add a bit of milk..
- Add a handful of the cubed eggplant to the batter and carefully place each one in the hot oil. Fry until each cube turns gold and starts to float the oil..
- Transfer cooked eggplant to a casserole dish. Repeat steps 3 until all the eggplant has been cooked and add the basil leaves..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Boil the 4 cups of water for the pasta and cook penne for 15 minutes or till tender.
- Drain pasta and add it to the eggplant pieces. Sprinkle with half a cup of parmesan and toss..
- Cover the penne and eggplant with the pasta sauce then top with remaining parmesan..
- Bake casserole for 15-20 minutes to heat through. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving..
This Baked Eggplant Parmesan recipe is lightened up a bit with baked (instead of fried) panko-crusted roasted eggplant, and layered up with a zesty combination of marinara, cheeses and fresh herbs. Eggplant Parmesan is a delicious classic Italian favorite! This easy eggplant casserole is great to make ahead, reheats beautifully and is full of flavor. Turn one of our favorite Italian dishes into your new favorite casserole with our Eggplant Parmesan Casserole recipe. This easy eggplant parmesan recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy.