Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan. Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. There are some fantastic options on the Keto diet including vegetarian ones like our Keto Eggplant Parmesan. On today's episode I'm going to show you how to make a keto version of Melanzane alla Parmigiana which is basically Eggplant Parmesan.
This flavorful dish is baked in your oven. This delicious Keto Eggplant Parmesan is made completely from scratch with a chunky fresh tomato sauce and loaded with melty cheese. Our Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan can be served up as a main or side dish - it goes perfectly with Keto Garlic Butter Chicken! You can cook Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 of whole fresh, Baked Eggplant (1 Whole - Medium).
- It's 2 of medium, Organic Zucchini, Fresh.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp, Tomato Paste - Canned.
- You need 24 of oz., Crushed organic tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of tsp, Organic Vegetable Base.
- It's 1 of tbsp, Organic Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of tsp, Crushed Garlic.
- It's 8 of oz., Fresh Mozzarella.
- Prepare 8 of oz., Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 8 of oz, Pecorino Romano.
- It's 8 of oz, Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of filtered water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional).
- You need 2 dashes of ground nutmeg.
Eggplant parmesan doesn't have to be breaded and fried! It is just as delicious and far more healthy prepared Keto style with no frying and no flour. Healthier, low carb recipe for traditional eggplant parmesan prepared with no breading and no frying. This keto eggplant parmesan casserole is the perfect comfort food.
Keto Crockpot Eggplant Parmesan instructions
- Add olive oil and onion to bottom of crock pot and simmer on low until onion is translucent approximately 10 minutes..
- Add crushed garlic and simmer for another minute.
- Add sliced eggplant and zucchini, stir and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer on medium for 6 hours.
- Add a large serving spoon to a heat resistant bowl, sprinkle some parmesan and grated mozzarella cheese on top and broil for about 5 minutes..
You'll love the cheese, gluten-free breading, and authentic Italian flavor! How to make keto eggplant parmesan. Is eggplant OK for the keto diet? How many calories and carbs are in eggplant? Your family will enjoy eggplant Parmesan made in layers with marinara sauce and cheese.