Wholemeal Blueberry Muffins. These Tasty Golden Mini Muffins Are Made With Real Bananas. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with coarse sparkling sugar or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
The whole world needs to be making more whole wheat blueberry muffins. If you have fresh tiny organic wild blueberries, or fresh regular-sized juicy blueberries, or fresh fruit of just about any kind, you win. To make these whole wheat blueberry muffins, we start with the liquid ingredients. You can have Wholemeal Blueberry Muffins using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wholemeal Blueberry Muffins
- It's 2 of very ripe bananas.
- It's 300 grams of wholemeal flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 100 grams of light muscovado or brown sugar.
- It's 284 ml of carton of buttermilk.
- It's 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- It's 75 grams of light olive oil (or melted butter).
- It's 200 grams of blueberries.
- It's 1 tbsp of demerara sugar.
Milk, oil, and a single egg are stirred together with vanilla extract and a bit of sugar. The dry ingredients include both whole wheat and all purpose flour as well as cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Fresh or frozen blueberries are folded into the batter. These whole wheat blueberry muffins are filled with whole grains and bursting with fresh fruit.
Wholemeal Blueberry Muffins step by step
- Heat oven to 180°C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with muffin cases. Peel the bananas and mash in a bowl..
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Make a Well in the centre and add buttermilk, egg, olive oil and bananas. Quickly fold the ingredients together until just incorporated, taking care not to overmix. Tip in the blueberries and give the batter one or two stirs..
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cases and sprinkle with three demerara sugar. The cases will be quite full. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool and then transfer..
These blueberry muffins make a great side for breakfast or a quick snack! Keyword healthy blueberry muffin recipe, whole wheat blueberry muffins. These healthy muffins are made with wholemeal flour, apple sauce and fresh blueberries for a muffin that is as tasty as it is healthy. Enjoy these with a bit of butter. A variation on the raisin muffin recipe I posted a while back, this time with added blueberries.