Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits. Cajun Shrimp and Grits- creamy grits with Cajun-seasoned shrimp with bold and spicy seasonings. Simply add milk or stock when reheating grits over low heat on stove top while stirring it from. These crispy shrimp are rolled in a coconut beer batter before frying.
Even though I lost coconut in the oil, a lot was still. Learn how to make a Spicy Coconut Shrimp Bisque Recipe! This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). You can cook Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits using 37 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits
- Prepare of Sprout and Leek Slaw.
- You need 6 of thick-cut bacon slices, diced (about 6 oz.).
- It's 1 of large leek, thinly sliced (about 2 cups).
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (about 8 cups).
- You need 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It's 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of chopped toasted pecans.
- It's 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced fresh chives.
- It's of Shrimp.
- Prepare 3 lbs of 16/20* shrimp (*Denotes size of 16-20 shrimp per pound).
- It's 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 3 cups of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded coconut, unsweetened.
- Prepare 1/4 of pineapple, thinly sliced.
- You need of Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying.
- It's of Togarashi Vinaigrette.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of honey.
- It's 2 of thumbs ginger, peeled and minced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 of shallots, minced.
- It's 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of grapeseed oil.
- Prepare of Grits.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn grits.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper,.
We went with bell peppers, onions, and corn, but any stir-fry vegetable would work here. Whip up this AIP coconut shrimp and grits and you may not want it any other way! If you've never had the pleasure of eating traditional grits, I'm I use coconut to create more digestible "grits." While the taste is different, they have a similar appearance and texture as normal grits. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Coconut Shrimp w/ Leek Slaw over Cajun Grits instructions
- For the grits:.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in the grits, Cajun and garlic seasonings and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook the grits until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, breaking up any clumps with the back of the spoon..
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and then the cheese until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper..
- For the Sprouts Leek Slaw:.
- Cook bacon in a large, heavy skillet over medium until crisp, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the drippings in skillet; transfer 2 tablespoons of the drippings to a small bowl. Dice bacon, and set aside..
- Add leeks to skillet, and cook, stirring often, 3 minutes. Combine leeks and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl..
- Add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper to reserved 2 tablespoons of drippings, and whisk to combine. Add to Brussels sprouts and leeks; toss to coat. Stir in chopped pecans, chives, and diced bacon..
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- In large mixing bowl, add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, and Dijon mustard..
- Using a hand blender or whisk, slowly incorporate grapeseed and sesame oil..
- Finish with ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- For the shrimp:.
- In a mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and coconut. Mix together..
- Place shrimp in flour. Then add eggs and the panko bread crumb/coconut mixture..
- Fry shrimp in a 350° fryer for 2½ to 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Shrimp should be golden brown in colour..
- Plate with grits in the center, surround the grits with the leek slaw, place several slices of pineapple in center, top with shrimp and drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!.
Add tasso and sauté until crisp. At Castaways Raw Bar and Grill on Holden Beach in North Carolina, they serve up huge portions of spicy shrimp and grits. This quick and easy dinner of Cajun Shrimp and Cauliflower "Grits" has all the flavor and texture of the classic Southern dish and is super healthy to boot! Serve the Cajun shrimp over the Cauliflower "grits" and garnish with scallions, chopped parsley, or cilantro. Blackened Red Snapper with Pepperjack Crawfish Cream Sauce.