Honey Garlic Shrimp. Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp Ingredients: Honey: Makes everything sticky but it makes it a little sweeter too! Soy Sauce: One of my favorite sauces to add to shrimp. It has a sweet and salty flavor that cooks well in shrimp.
I love a good stir fry, and trying new ways to make Chinese restaurant-worthy meals in my own kitchen. A few favorites are lightened up General Tso Chicken, and Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry. This shrimp dish, made with orange juice and orange zest, scallions and red pepper flakes for some kick is a new favorite! You can cook Honey Garlic Shrimp using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Garlic Shrimp
- You need 1/3 cup of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce, reduced sodium recommended.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp. of minced fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp. dried).
- Prepare 1 lb. of small uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- It's 2 tsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tsp. of water.
Serve the shrimp garnished with the chopped parsley and slices of lemon. This honey garlic shrimp is perfect for any meal. As simple as it sounds, this is probably one of the most delicious recipes I have made recently. I love shrimp, and I can eat shrimp every day.
Honey Garlic Shrimp instructions
- Whisk the honey, garlic, soy sauce and ginger (if using) in a medium bowl..
- Place the shrimp and half of the marinade in a large Ziploc bag or Tupperware with lid. Give them a quick stir and place in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes..
- Cover and place the rest of the marinade separately in the fridge for later use. Mix the cornstarch and water into a small bowl and set it aside..
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp into the skillet and discard the used marinade..
- Cook shrimp on one side until cooked through...this only takes a couple of minutes. Then flip the shrimp and pour the unused marinade in the skillet. Stir in the cornstarch slurry..
- Once the shrimp is completely cooked through and no longer opaque, it is ready to serve..
How to Make Honey Garlic Shrimp. Make the honey garlic sauce: Whisk the minced garlic, minced ginger, honey and soy sauce together in a bowl. This step is important to build flavor, so don't skip it! Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl. Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware.