Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears. Layer the tomatoes at a slight angle against one another, topping each slice with the bacon-onion mixture. If you love fried green tomatoes but looking for a different approach on preparing these tart beauties. Panko breadcrumbs give these fried green tomatoes a nice crunch, while the salty flavor of the parmesan balances the tartness of the tomatoes very nicely.
Fried Green Tomato Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I didn 't measure the dry ingredients. Once perfectly crispy and browned, remove the tomato slices from the oil and place on a paper towel covered plate. You can cook Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears
- You need 1 of large or 2 medium zucchini.
- Prepare 1-2 of fresh green tomatoes.
- It's 4 of large eggs.
- It's of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- It's of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Cooking Oil.
Serve immediately as is or garnish those fried green tomatoes with fresh basil and mozzarella and drizzle with aged. Fried green tomatoes are like that. We know how we've been taught to like them - edges crisp and gritty with cornmeal, and tangy succulent Instead of a flour or cornmeal coating, I went for a jagged cloak of panko and Parmesan, which crisped beautifully and tasted deliciously of toasted, nutty cheese. What's better than Fried Green Tomatoes?
Parmesan Crusted Fried Green Tomatoes & Zucchini Spears instructions
- Wash and cut tomatoes into slices and zucchini into spears. Mix bread crumbs in a flat mixing bowl or container with seasonings to taste and parmesan in desired amounts. Mix well. Crack eggs into a separate flat container and mix them up with some salt and pepper..
- Heat oil on stovetop in a pan for deep frying or heat your oil in a deep fryer. Dip veggies into egg mixture 1 at a time, and coat well. Next plunge the veggies into the bread crumb mixture and flip to coat well. Drop into oil for 2-5 mins or until deep fried and crispy..
- Remove from fryer and allow to cool on paper towels to drain grease. Serve and Enjoy Alone, with Ranch Dressing, or with Your Favorite Dip!.
Serve it up with tomato sauce and cheese. Here's a recipe from The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, old-mill.com. Don't throw away those unripe g. Turn them into fried green tomatoes topped with fresh mozzarella cheese and chopped basil and finished with a balsamic glaze. Learn how to make Parmesan and cornmeal-crusted fried tomatoes & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.