Oat Bran Banana Muffins. A delicious way to add healthy oat bran to your diet. I like the chopped bananas in these, rather than the usual mashed, as I like running across the small Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined; mix in banana, being careful not to overmix. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Oat bran: I decided that I wanted to create a muffin without any flour and knew that oat bran would be a fantastic option. Used High Fiber Oat Bran in stead of Wheat Bran as my store did not carry it. Also used Extra Light tasting Olive oil in stead of canola oil. You can have Oat Bran Banana Muffins using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oat Bran Banana Muffins
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of oat bran.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar splenda.
- It's 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of sweetened vanilla almond milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It's 4 of large ripe frozen bananas.
- It's 1/2 cup of semi-sweeten mini chocolate chips.
Probably the best banana bran muffins I ever baked! In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the oat bran, flours. This is not OATMEAL, but oat BRAN muffins. I have made these for about five years now, and I really love them.
Oat Bran Banana Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 400F..
- Combine first 6 ingredients (flour, oatbran, stevia, baking powder, salt and cinnamon) in large bowl. Mix with whisk until mostly combined..
- In a separate, medium sized bowl, combine almond milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix..
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Mix until mostly combined (there should be some visible dry mixture)..
- Thaw frozen, ripe bananas in the microwave (about 20-30 seconds). Remove skin and add to batter and mix until just combined..
- (Optional) Mix in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips..
- Pour mixture in greased muffin tins and bake each for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (recipe makes 24 large muffins)..
They are great made with cinnamon or cranberry applesauce, as well as plain applesauce. My daughter loves them and I hope you will enjoy them, too! When Maria asked me to do a post over here I asked if she had any specific type of recipe in mind. She said I could choose whatever I wanted, and so I did some brainstorming. I ended up choosing a recipe that pays homage to Maria's healthy lifestyle and to my baking roots: Banana-Nut Oat Bran Muffins.