Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. Our Blueberry Muffins Have The Taste Kids Love & The Goodness Moms Want. Find Deals on Krusteaz Oat Bran Muffin Mix in Baking Supplies on Amazon. This is a delicious and lighter version of a type of oat bran muffin.
Add milk, egg, honey, and oil; mix just until ingredients are moistened. Special Diet Notes Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. You can have Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour + 1 tbs for dusting blueberries.
- You need 1 cup of coarse ground oat bran.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 (5.3 oz) of container plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pint of fresh blueberries.
For egg-free and vegan blueberry oat bran muffins, you can swap in your favorite egg white substitute for the eggs. Combine whole wheat flour, oat bran, wheat germ, brown sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. In a measuring cup, combine eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil and blueberries. Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins - These flourless, sugar-free muffins make a delicious and satiating snack!
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard size 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray, including the entire top. Or line cups with paper liners. Either way you will want to spray the top to prevent sticking..
- In a medium bowl wisk together flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together milk and yogurt until smooth. Add brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Wisk to combine thoroughly..
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon stir together until just incorporated, with no dry patches remaining. It will be lumpy and that's okay. You don't want to over mix..
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile gently toss blueberries in 1 tbs flour to coat (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). Gently fold into batter to distribute as evenly as possible..
- Gently spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling the wells to the top. I actually ended up with enough to also fill a 12 count mini muffin tin..
- Place in oven. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center (of a muffin in the middle of tin) comes out clean. Mine took about 28 min..
Sweetened with applesauce and filled with fiber. I just love perusing recipes with old-fashioned ingredients, including wheat germ, powdered milk, and oat bran! Prepare muffin tins by lining with paper cups or spraying with non-stick spray. Add buttermilk to oat bran and let stand. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.