Baked Samosa with Beetroot yoghurt dip. Flaky, easy-to-make Chicken Samosas with Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce bring the best of Indian street food right to your home. Phyllo make these samosas quick and easy to prepare. Once assembled, baked them in the oven for a crispy exterior with no greasy mess!
When you dip this samosa in yogurt dip it becomes a true. Tightly wrapping these samosas into perfect triangles may take some practice, but the results are well worth the effort, and the highly spiced filling pairs perfectly with the cooling Cilantro-Yogurt Dip.-Jean-Georges Vongerichten. For the yogurt dip: crush the garlic and finely chop the mint. You can cook Baked Samosa with Beetroot yoghurt dip using 18 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Samosa with Beetroot yoghurt dip
- It's 2 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of vegetable margarine or regular cooking oil.
- You need 1 tsp of carom seeds or ajwain.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk to brush the dough.
- You need of For stuffing.
- It's 2 of large boiled potatoes.
- It's 1/2 cup of mix veg like green peas, chopped carrot & sweet corn.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cooking oil.
- You need 3 pods of garlic.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped.
- It's 1 bunch of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of whole coriander seeds.
- It's 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- It's 1/2 tsp of dry pomegranate seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry mango powder.
Mix these ingredients with the Greek yogurt. My garlicky yogurt dip, this egyptian beetroot dip, a quick salsa, and my favorite creamy hummus (remind me to share the recipe with you) usually make There are various ways to cook beets for this dip. The first is roasting them in the oven, which is my favorite method because slow roasting really. How to make Keema Samosa with Yogurt Dip.
Baked Samosa with Beetroot yoghurt dip instructions
- In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, salt, vegetable shortening or oil,carom seeds and mix well to form a crumbly texture..
- Add water and make a stiff dough. Cover and keep aside for 1/2 an hour..
- Heat a pan and dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds and kasuri methi. Grind them coarsely..
- Take garlic pods, green chillies and coriander leaves and grind to make a paste..
- Heat oil in a pan, add asafoetida and grinded paste. Saute for few seconds..
- Mash the boiled potato and add to the pan. Add also the mix veggies..
- Mix well with the paste. Add coarsely ground spice powder and salt. Mix well. Add dry pomegranate seeds and mango powder..
- Take the lime size ball from the dough and roll it to make a oblong shape sheet with little thick and about 5-6 inch diameter..
- Cut the sheet into half. Take one half of the sheet and brush the straight side of the sheet with little water..
- Take one edge of the straight side and place it on the other edge of the straight side in such a way that it forms a cone..
- Pinch the corner of the cone so that it seals nicely..
- Place 1&1/2 tbsp of filling making sure to fill 3/4th of the cone..
- Brush the inside of the remaining part of cone with water..
- Now with your fingers fold a little the longer side of the cone and then seal both the edges with your fingers..
- Samosa is ready, make all the samosas and keep in the baking tray..
- Brush each samosa with milk & bake at 200 C until they become light golden brown and crisp..
- For the yoghurt dip, grate a small piece of beetroot, keep in a small napkin, fold and squeeze to extract juice..
- Add the juice to some beaten yoghurt, also add a pinch of salt and black salt,..
- Mix well to make a thick pink yogurt dip..
- Serve hot with the prepared yoghurt dip and sweet tamarind sauce..
Chef: Jitendra Kumar, Executive Chef, Lake Palace Hotel. Marinate the keema with ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric, coriander powder, curd. Beetroot dip -Made from fresh beetroot, yogurt and spices, this beet dip is not only delicious but also packed with goodness. Plus, it's also a vibrant addition to your holiday entertaining menu. The much awaited official party season of the year is nearly here.