Double fudge cookies. These cookies are my chocolate dreams coming true right in front of my face. Double Fudge Brownies, Double Fudge Cake, Double Peanut Butter Fudge Cookies, etc. This is a copycat recipe for the Great American Cookie Company's Double Fudge Cookies.
A delicious choc chip cookie with yummy bits of fudge added in. The pecans are optional but I think they add a nice bite. Would you look at these Paleo Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies? You can have Double fudge cookies using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Double fudge cookies
- You need 4 of table spoons unsweetened cocoa or chocolate 4 squares.
- You need 1 cup of butter/ margarine.
- You need 2 cups of sugar.
- It's 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavor.
- You need 11/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
Needless to say, I have started making double batches of these Paleo Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies whenever I make them now. To make the double fudge cookie dough, using a wooden spoon, mix the melted butter and both sugars together in a large bowl. Add the egg and the egg yolk, mixing well between each addition. A fudge cookie is a cookie that is prepared with fudge or that has the flavor, consistency or texture of fudge.
Double fudge cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 180".Put the chocolate/ cocoa and butter/ margarine in the sauce pan. Place over low heat and stir with wooden spoon until it melts. Remove from burner/ stove.
- Stir in the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir. Pour the batter into a greased baking tray/ pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until they begin to pull away from the side of the pan.
- When done allow them to cool before cutting into bars.
Chocolate fudge cookies are a variety, along with other fudge flavors, such as peanut butter fudge. Unique little cookies, these double crunchers with fudge filling, don't you think? I can easily say I don't have any cookie recipe quite like them. There is a reader of my blog named Georgia (hey, Georgia. I have chills just thinking about it.