Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates. Easy three bean salad, loaded with bright Mediterranean flavors. Sweet soybeans, kidney beans, and garbanzo beans combine to make this tasty salad recipe that's perfect for your next potluck. Ready for some green bean salad to enjoy while you read these words in the most mobile optimized The salad is everything you could possibly want out of green beans.
Zesty Marinated Bean Salad. with Cherry Tomatoes and Parsley. This salad also also provides a generous supply of protein, while tomatoes and parsley provide vitamins and freshness. Walnuts, herbs, garlic and pomegranate juice show up in many Georgian dishes. You can cook Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates
- It's 1/2 cup of cooked kidney beans/rajma (or used canned, but rinse thoroughly).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooked black eyed peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of cut green beans.
- It's 2 tablespoons of pomegranate pearls.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped green onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped red onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper/capsicum.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil (or any salad oil).
- It's 2 tablespoons of vinegar (white or red).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of prepared mustard/Dijon mustard.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Italian seasoning/dry oregano leaves.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- You need To taste of Black Pepper powder (optional).
I used pomegranate molasses, which is more of a Middle Eastern ingredient, in the dressing, and I Add the walnuts and grind together until the walnuts are coarsely ground but still have some texture. Time to give this salad its zest. I love using fresh herbs for maximum flavor: The parsley, oregano and tarragon flavors really shine through here. And thanks to the turkey, beans and walnuts, this turkey salad is hearty enough to be a complete meal.
Zesty Three-Bean Salad with Walnuts and Pomegranates step by step
- Boil a pot of water and once it comes to a boil, toss in 1 tsp salt and stir in the green beans. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp tender (do not overcook). Immediately, drain and place in a bowl of ice cold water with ice. This stops the cooking process and maintains the bright green colour of the green beans..
- In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all the dressing ingredients: oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard, Italian seasoning and garlic. Add pepper if desired. Shake well for at least 20 seconds to allow the mixture to emulsify into a tangy, sweet and salty vinaigrette. Taste and adjust seasonings according to how sweet, tangy or salty you want it!.
- Transfer the green beans to a large bowl along with kidney beans, black eyed beans, green onions, bell pepper, walnuts and red onions. Drizzle the dressing over and stir in some pomegranate pearls. Toss well to coat the salad. Do a taste test and add more dressing if needed..
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to chill thoroughly for at least 2 to 3 hours or even overnight. Toss in between to distribute the dressing and add more seasonings or salt if needed. Serve chilled or at room temperature with additional dressing..
- Note: You can use any kind of beans like northern beans, garbanzo beans or chickpeas, black beans etc. and add as much or as little as you want. Fresh green beans is a must. Add some grated carrots or any other vegetable you like for more colour and nutrition. If you like a sweeter salad, you can add more sugar or even honey. Substitute with any seasoning you like; oregano, roasted cumin powder, black salt etc. Another option is to add chopped dates instead of pomegranate..
It tastes even better after about a day, when the. Mung Bean, Scallion And Pomegranate Salad. Warm Green Bean Salad with Toasted Walnuts. Zesty Shrimp and Black Bean Salad. A tart dressing transforms a plate of mixed beans into a richly satisfying dish, served either as a main meal oras a side dish.