Couscous and three-bean salad. Some bean salads use all canned beans, but I prefer mixing in some fresh green beans and bright yellow wax beans now that it's summer. By: The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. Vibrant vegetables and the healthful combination of grains and legumes make this packable salad a complete source of protein for vegetarians.
Drain on paper towels and add to couscous and bean mixture. This Three Bean Salad is so flavorful. It makes a great side dish or topping, but can also be a healthy protein-packed snack, too. You can have Couscous and three-bean salad using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Couscous and three-bean salad
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- It's 1/2 cup of yellow pepper.
- It's 1 cup of instant couscous.
- You need 1 cup of broth from veggies.
- Prepare 1 of green onion.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of drained chick peas.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of drained kidney beans.
- Prepare of dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of zest of lemon grine.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tbsp of deijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Cook lentils, black beans, and navy beans in separate pots till tender but not mushy. Drain the beans, discarding the liquid. This is great for a buffet! A marriage of couscous and fresh veggies held together by a Southwestern flavored dressing!
Couscous and three-bean salad step by step
- Cook all veggies. Use a cup of the veggie broth over the couscous and stir. Cover with plastic and let it steam for 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork..
- Add all the veggies and beans and stir..
- Prepare dressing by stiring all ingridents together. Pour over salad. **note. The longer the dressing sits, the more flavour. I suggest putting it in fridge for an hour before serving..
Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until. This vegan couscous salad recipe is both healthy and low-fat. Its ingredients include chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cucumber and bell pepper.