Crispy anchovies and potato. Find Deals on Crispy Anchovies in Seafood on Amazon. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Immediately reduce heat to medium-low, bring to a simmer.
If you like it to be spicy, you can add green chili or red chili. I usually have a plain omelette to go along with this dish. The taste of this dish is a little sweet and salty. You can have Crispy anchovies and potato using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy anchovies and potato
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 of shallot.
- You need 2 tbsp of tamarind juice (or any other souring agent, eg: lime juice).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar or white sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare 1 of handful anchovies.
- It's 1 piece of potato (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 1 of cooking oil.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pot over medium heat. Stir in anchovies and capers, and continue to cook until butter is brown and nutty. Stir in garlic and remove pan from heat.
Crispy anchovies and potato step by step
- In a frying pan, add oil and fry potato until crispy. Set aside. Followed by frying anchovies until crispy. Set aside..
- Using a new oil about 3-4 tbsp, saute garlic. Then add 2tbsp tamarind juice, 1tbsp sugar, and salt. Bring to boil. **some anchovies is already very salty, so you may want to add salt only after adding in anchovies, depending on the saltiness of the anchovies..
- Once the sauce is thicken, add in anchovies and shallots. Stir till the sauce absorbed..
- Add in potato and stir all evenly..
- Done! Best is to serve with hot steamed rice..
Pour brown butter all over the potatoes. Arrange the potatoes on a large roasting tray, drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Toss halfway through, drizzling with the honey. Blitz half the parsley, anchovies and garlic together until finely chopped. While the potatoes are cooking, make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, put the red onion, vinegar and a healthy pinch of salt.