‘Hot Cross Bun’ Flavour Soft Cookies.
You can cook ‘Hot Cross Bun’ Flavour Soft Cookies using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ‘Hot Cross Bun’ Flavour Soft Cookies
- Prepare 60 g of Butter *about 1/4 of 250g block.
- You need 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It's 1 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- It's of Cinnamon & Allspice as required.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sultanas OR Raisins *I used Sultanas steeped in Rum!!!.
- You need 1/2 cup of Mixed Peels.
- You need 1/4 cup of Almonds *optional.
‘Hot Cross Bun’ Flavour Soft Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper..
- Beat softened Butter and Sugars until smooth and well combined. Beat in Egg and mix well. Add Flour and Spices, and mix well. Then combine with other ingredients. *Note: I added some leftover Almond Flakes as well..
- Roll the dough into 12 balls, about 3cm size, and place on the prepared tray. If the dough is sticky, use two tablespoons and drop 12 balls on the baking paper..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. *Note: You may wish to decorate them just like 'Hot Cross Buns'..