You can cook Jerk Chicken using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 2 fillets of Chicken thighs (or breasts).
- You need 1 of Olive oil.
- It's 100 ml of Coke.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Maple sauce.
- You need 1 of Spices.
- It's 2 tbsp of a. Cajun spice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of a. Jerk chicken spice.
- Prepare 1 of a. Allspice.
- It's 1 of a. Mixed herbs (dry).
- You need 2 tsp of a. Garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of a. Paprika.
- It's 1/2 tsp of a. Cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 pinch of a. Cumin.
- Prepare 2 pinch of a. Rosemary.
- You need 1 of a. Salt and pepper.
Jerk Chicken instructions
- Make cuts on the thick parts of the chicken using a knife. This helps it cook evenly..
- Arrange the chicken on a tray or a plate, and wipe off the excess water with paper towels. Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread the olive oil and maple sauce on top, and let it sit..
- Mix all the "a" spices in a bowl..
- You can easily find cajun spice or jerk chicken spice at a store!.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with the mixed "a" spices, and let it sit for about 1 hour..
- Tip #1: My favourite is the root beer in the middle in the picture. It has an unique flavour. You can use normal coke as well..
- Pour the coke over the Step 4 marinated chicken, and let it sit for at least 3 hours in the fridge. It tastes better if you marinate it for a day!.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature 1 hour before cooking. If you don't do that, it won't cook evenly..
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment sheet, and put in the oven. Bake for about 17-25 minutes at 240℃..
- When the oil come out instead of liquid onto the paper, it's ready. Move the chicken around occasionally, and let the excess water evaporate..
- Serve with your desired vegetables, and done!.