You can have Jerk Chicken using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jerk Chicken
- It's of marinade.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- You need 2 clove of garlic,crushed.
- You need 2 of spring onions(scallions) chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It's 2 tsp of lime zest.
- It's 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need to taste of salt and black pepper.
- You need of chicken:.
- Prepare 12 of chicken thighs or drumsicks.
Jerk Chicken instructions
- Put marinade ingredients in mortar, grind to a paste. You can mash in a bowl with a fork or pulse in a small liquidiser..
- Place chicken in a bowl, pour marinade over and stir to coat evenly. For extra taste you can cut slits into chicken. Cover with clingfilm..
- Place in fridge. Marinade for at least 4 hours, overnight is better.
- Place on baking tray and cook in pre-heated oven, 150 C, for 45-60 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through..
- Serve with rice and peas and festivals (see other recipe).
- You can cook these on the barbecue or under the grill, either way turn occasionally and ensure chicken is cooked through..
- For special occasions you can add dark rum in place of vinegar..
- With deference to the nice lady in the Tesco ad, I tried adding a couple of tablespoons of runny honey to the marinade, it takes it to another level !.