Coconut Jerk Chicken Pasta. Chef Noel Cunningham Cooking up a Jamaican fusion cuisine on CTV Morning Live in Winnipeg Canada. Rasta Pasta is simply a pasta dish with jerk chicken sauteed with bell peppers or. In my version, I've used coconut milk to keep this dairy-free as dairy is no longer a regular part of my diet.
Use Caribbean-style jerk paste to marinade shellfish, then serve in crunchy corn tacos with a textured salad and light sauce. Crush leftover taco shells and scatter over a salad for extra crunch, or blitz in a food processor and use to coat chicken nuggets in place of breadcrumbs. I used to work at Bahama Breeze and came home one night to try and replicate their Jerk Chicken Pasta as close as possible, and this is the closest I've gotten, but it tastes JUST like it! You can cook Coconut Jerk Chicken Pasta using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Jerk Chicken Pasta
- It's 1 of llb Chicken Breast.
- It's 2 Teaspoon of jerk seasoning.
- Prepare 3-4 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 of Small to Medium Green or Yellow Pepper (Sweet Pepper).
- Prepare 1 of Small tomato.
- You need 1 Packet of Penne Pasta (200g).
- It's 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (optional).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of coconut milk.
The chicken is cooked on a grill pan rather than an outdoor grill--make sure the pan is well-heated before adding the chicken to achieve the crisp char you would get from an outdoor grill. Let us know by clicking [alert editor] on the recipe page, in the ingredients box. These rich and spicy Coconut Jerk Peas are super simple to make and pair brilliantly with a sweet and vibrant pineapple salsa. I've included a photo of the brand I used, which I got at Whole Foods.
Coconut Jerk Chicken Pasta instructions
- Chop Chicken into bite size pieces then Season chicken breast with 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning. For best results let it marinate for 20-30mins. Bake, grill or get chicken breastsfor about 20 minutes..until cooked..
- Cook Penne Pasta according to instructions on package; drain and set aside..
- Heat butter and saute garlic, tomato and Green pepper for about 3-5 mins..
- Add coconut milk, salt and add the additional jerk seasoning (optional). Cook for about 3-5 mins on medium heat..keep stirring throughout this process..
- Fold in the pasta and stir well to combine, then add chicken breasts..
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheese (optional). Serve immediately..
Sometimes you can also find it sold in the bulk bins. Baked Jerk Chicken with Coconut Rice & Cinnamon Sweet Plantains. Here's the thing about jerk chicken, I don't normally like it. I'm not a fan of the cinnamon or nutmeg flavors usually. It has to be paired with something else to bring the flavors all together or it makes me.